Friday, December 4, 2009

Haikus - Creative Writing 12/4/09

Oakhurst bottle sits
On the lawn so quietly, nice
Never again makes a sound

Crazy mustached man
Why are you staring at me?
Look the other way

Tall UPS man
waving as he is driving by
What an ugly truck

Yellow wire cover
Saving us from electrocution
Thank you for your help

Gray colored Toyota
driven by elderly man
What a wife he has!

Shiny black rock
Takes my mind off the world
But only for a second

One tree has leaves
All the others have no leaves
Why aren't you naked too?

3 comments:

  1. The Shiny black rock haiku is cool.
    It's simple, but it's brevity and simple, recognizable truth is attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed all but three of these things you wrote about, I know that you wrote these when we were out on the field. You saw them too but thought them out in a different way. You have a sarcastic, relaxed voice. I like your stuff. Who are you?

    ReplyDelete