Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Feelings

Everyone has feelings, where are mine?
I feel I have stopped in time.
The future is driving me mad,
It always makes me feel a teensy bit sad.

I wish that I had read between the lines
But I guess I really didn't have the time.
The thought that my mind is falling through space
Is a joke to everyone who laughs in my face.

Except the guy in the corner
begging you for change,
and the man at the funeral home,
acting real strange.

I really feel kind of stressed out,
It makes other people want to shout,
Don't make me feel bad for you,
There is nothing really wrong with you,
So don't take this the wrong way,
But cut it out.

I don't want to take this crap,
So don't complain when I snap,
After you've said to much,
I am always light to the touch.

The future is always bright they say,
But many of us normal kids in the corner say nay.
The ones who have no feelings,
No thoughts inside.

Other people feel they can rule them,
That's not what I think.
People should just leave us in peace
They don't understand what is happening to us.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a great song!
    The last line is really powerful.
    The only rhyme that feels a bit forced into place is
    the "want to shout"
    Is that what you really want? If so, I'd shut up, but it feels like you were stretching.
    Are you a musician? Can you or a friend write music?
    If so, and you make any money, I should get ten percent.
    jk

    ReplyDelete