Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Warm June Day - A Ballad

The warm June day embraced my soul
As I walked down the lane.
The flowers swayed to my lazy stroll,
My smile I held in vain.

The colors shouted loud and clear,
“We love a sunny day!”
Not far off, in a hayfield near
A farmer was sneezing away.

Concerned was I,
I jumped the ditch
And made my way to him.
“Gesundheit, sir, how you do twitch!
Your eyes, also look grim!”

He looked at me and stared me down
His eyes fair watering.
His face not kind, he wore a frown
And said, quite blistering,
“Get off my land, you no good clown!
Be off with you, I say!
Before I come and beat you down
With this here bale of hay!”

Concerned grew I,
I jumped the ditch
And ran away from him.
He gunned his tractor in a fit
His eyes still looking grim.

I hurried to my waiting car
As fast as I could go.
I had no desire with him to spar:
So much for his red nose!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! What a great ballad! I'm completely impressed, the rhyme in this piece was great!

    ReplyDelete